Pig and Whistle Cake
½ cup butter
½ cup half and half
2 large eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 Tablespoons half and half
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F for baking. Spray an 8×11x2 or 9×9x2 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine butter and half and half; heat until butter is melted and mixture is warmed through.
3. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat eggs until light yellow; add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
4. To eggs and sugar add warmed butter and half and half mixture; beat until thoroughly combined; add vanilla and mix again.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; blend ingredients.
6. Add flour mixture to other combined ingredients; blend well.
7. Pour batter into a prepared baking dish.
8. Bake cake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake springs back when touched in the center. Remove cake from oven and prepare topping.
9. Set oven to broil.
10. Mix all topping ingredients until thoroughly combined.
11. Spread topping onto hot cake and place under broiler just until bubbly and browned (about a minute or two). When mixture becomes bubbly throughout, remove cake from oven and cool to set topping.