These easy stuffed shells are a great make ahead meal to save for a busy day or to bring to a pot luck. The broccoli dresses up the classic ricotta and tomoto classic.
24 jumbo shells, uncooked
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (28 ounce) jar Italian pasta sauce
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Combine broccoli, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
3. Stir together until well blended. Pour about 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Spoon 1 round tablespoon of cheese mixture into each shell and place open-side up in an even layer in the pan.
5. Pour remaining pasta sauce over and around shells. Cover pan with foil.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes until heated through, and serve.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.