2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup chopped onion
1 small carrot, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 pound lean ground beef
1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped
½ cup red wine
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
½ pound bow tie pasta
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, carrot, and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 4 minutes longer.
4. Add the tomatoes and wine and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce begins to thicken, about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
7. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the bow tie pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain.
8. Serve the sauce over the pasta. Serve with a tossed green salad and a loaf of Italian bread. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.