2 pounds ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 jar (1 pound) cheddar cheese sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups prepared mashed potatoes (steamable mashed potoatoes are fastest)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In 12-inch skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat; drain.
3. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
4. Stir in cheddar cheese sauce, mustard, salt and ground black pepper.
5. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until heated through (about 3 minutes).
6. Pour mixture into a 2-quart casserole. Evenly cover with mashed potatoes.
7. Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly golden.