1 (28 ounce) package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
2 cups milk
12 ounces cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
1/3 cup sliced green onions
¼ teaspoon black pepper
hot pepper sauce
1. In a 4 quart saucepan combine potatoes, broth, and corn. Bring just to boiling, reduce heat.
2. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Using a potato masher, slightly mashed potatoes.
4. Stir in milk, sausage, green onions, and pepper. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and hot pepper sauce.
5. Serve with warm buttered Italian rolls. Makes 4 servings.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!