Sometimes, we find ourselves craving a certain dish, but we don't have the time or the energy to make the recipe we have on hand. That's where our quick and easy recipes come into play. In this particular case, we have a quick and easy recipe for a chowder.
This is a warm, comforting meal to have on a cold day when it's snowy and blustery outside. This chowder can be made in a portion of the time it takes to make other chowder recipes. Plus, it doesn't require a ton of ingredients!
The sausage in this chowder will add extra protein, helping your family stay strong. We recommend serving this chowder with warm, buttered Italian rolls. You can easily find these in most grocery stores, keeping this dinner simple.
Or, try making your own rolls if you have the time! In the long run, making your own homemade rolls is more cost-effective. It's also great for families who are concerned about the preservatives that often go into store-bought bread. Either way, a good, warm roll will fit perfectly with this recipe!
Corn and Sausage Chowder
1 (28 ounce) package refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
2 cups milk
12 ounces cooked smoked sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
1/3 cup sliced green onions
¼ teaspoon black pepper
hot pepper sauce
1. In a 4 quart saucepan combine potatoes, broth, and corn. Bring just to boiling, reduce heat.
2. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or just until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Using a potato masher, slightly mash potatoes.
4. Stir in milk, sausage, green onions, and pepper. Heat through. Season to taste with salt and hot pepper sauce.
5. Serve with warm buttered Italian rolls. Makes 4 servings.