Crunchy Ranch Chicken Tenders with Cheese Fries
8 ½ ounce package cornbread muffin mix
1 ounce package ranch salad dressing mix
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 ½ lbs) cut into strips
2 Tablespoons cooking oil
1 package frozen French fries
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Place frozen French fries in oven according to package directions.
2. Combine cornbread mix, salad dressing mix and salt in a large plastic zip block bag; set aside.
3. Pour milk into a shallow bowl. Dip chicken into milk; place in cornbread mixture and shake to coat.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5. Add chicken, cook until golden on both sides, about 6 to 7 minutes per side or until juices run clear.
6. Five minutes before French fries are done, sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Continue baking until cheese is melted.
Makes 6 servings.
Try these similar recipes: