You can't beat a skillet meal for a quick and easy dinner. This is one of those thrown together dishes that becomes a family favorite...simple, good, hearty food is the stuff family meals are made of.
½ pound bacon
½ cup onion, sliced
4 potatoes, peeled, parboiled, and sliced
1½ pounds green beans, cooked
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
2. Remove bacon from skillet, reserving drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside.
3. Add onion to skillet, cook until tender. Remove onion from skillet, set aside.
4. Add potatoes to remaining drippings; cook until fork tender.
5. Drain skillet, leaving 1 Tablespoon drippings in skillet.
6. Add bacon, onion, potatoes and cooked green beans to skillet; heat through.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. Makes 4 servings
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!