This hearty pasta dish is extra flavorful with a homemade Italian-style sauce. Wagon wheels add a fun new shape to replace boring and messy long spaghetti, making it a perfect kid pleasing dinner.
3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
1-3/4 cups (1 can) Vegetable Broth
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces stewed tomatoes
1-1/2 cups uncooked medium wagon wheel or corkscrew-shaped pasta
1 loaf Italian bread, sliced and warmed
1. Cook ground beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to break apart the meat. Drain fat.
2. Stir the broth, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic and tomatoes into the skillet and heat to a boil.
3. Stir in the pasta. Reduce the heat to low.
4. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover.
5. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes longer or until the pasta is tender. Serve with buttered Italian bread slices.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!