Potato salad has many different variations. Some are served warm or even hot, while others are served cold. Typically served at BBQs and picnics, potato salad is a favorite to feed a large crowd due to it being easy to make in mass quantities and it being cost effective. This potato salad recipe requires mushrooms, which add a touch of sophistication for that special luncheon.
2 pounds new potatoes
1/2 pound fresh mushrooms
3 green onions
3 stalks celery
3 Tablespoons vinegar
2 hard-boiled eggs
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1. Cover potatoes in pan with cold water and bring to boil over high heat.
2. Cook until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, thinly slice mushrooms, onions and celery and combine in mixing bowl.
3. When potatoes are tender, drain and halve or quarter potatoes, depending on size and add to bowl.
4. Sprinkle with vinegar. Cover and refrigerate.
5. When cool, chop eggs and add to bowl.
6. Add mustard and mayonnaise, and season to taste with salt and pepper, mixing everything together gently.