Five Spiced Turkey
6 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons paprika
1 Tablespoon fresh chopped basil
2 teaspoon parsley
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
1 (12-pound) turkey, water
1. Combine soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, paprika, basil, parsley, pepper and five-spice powder in small bowl and let stand 20 minutes to thicken.
2. Remove neck and giblets from turkey.
3. Wash turkey well, then pat dry and season inside and out with salt and pepper.
4. Pour ½ marinade over turkey, reserving other ½ for later use.
5. Place turkey on rack in roaster. Pour about 1 cup water in bottom of roaster.
6. Prepare foil tent to cover roaster.
7. Spray underside of tent with non-stick cooking spray, place over turkey and seal sides.
8. Roast turkey at 325°F, basting often, until nicely browned, about 15 minutes per pound.
9. Remove from oven, let turkey rest and serve on platter with reserved marinade as dipping sauce on side.
Makes 12 to 14 servings.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!