Corinne is a baby name of French origin that means “maiden”. Corinne was popular for most of the 20th century but popularity faded in the mid 1990’s. As of 2020 it is at #935. Corinne is being replaced by the diminutive Kori.
Meaning of the name Corinne:
Origin of the name Corinne:
Corinne is a French name that means “maiden”. It is the French version of the Greek name Korinna.
Symbolism of the name Corinne:
A maiden is a youthful woman that is not married. The word maiden evokes images of youth and beauty, no longer a child but not yet an adult.
Style of the name Corinne:
Gender of the name Corinne:
Corinne is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Corinne:
KAW-REEN (French), kə-REEN, kə-RIN (English)
Number of syllables in the name Corinne:
Emotion evoked from the name Corinne:
Corinne evokes feelings of beauty and charm.
Alternative spellings for the name Corinne:
Korinne, Corine, Corynne
Nicknames for the name Corinne:
Popularity of the name Corinne:
According to the Social Security Administration, Corinne was a popular baby girl’s name for most of the 20th century. Popularity has fallen since 2000.
Related names for the name Corinne:
Great middle names for the name Corinne and their meanings:
- Margaret (pearl)
- Cecily (blind)
- Alice (noble)
- Violet (purple)
- Penelope (weaver)
- Matilda (battle mighty)
- Florence (flourishing, prosperous)
- Mabel (lovable)
- Diana (divine, holy)
- Andromeda (advising like a man)
- Persephone (dark blue, bringer of death)
Famous people with the name Corinne:
- Corinne Rae (British singer-songwriter)
- Corinne Mae Griffith (American silent film actress)
- Corinne Vanier (French tennis player)
- Corinne Diacre (French footballer)
- Corinne Bohrer (American actress)
Corinnes in popular culture:
- Corinne Wyatt (literature, “Chaos Walking” by Patrick Ness)
- Corinne of Lyrian (literature, “Beyonders” by Brandon Mull)
- Corinne Tate (television, “Soap”)
- Corinne Burns (film, “Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains”)
- Corinne Michaels (YouTube Red film, “The Thinning”)