Greek baby names for girls run the gamut — all of which bring with them a modicum of beauty and strength. Whether you're looking for a name that means “heavenly” or one that means “most beautiful” or anything in between, check out this list of Greek baby names for girls to find the perfect fit for your daughter.
RELATED: 25 Greek Baby Names We Love!
- MarinaMarina is a name chosen for Greek girls. The moniker is translated to mean coming from the sea.
- Irene Irene is one of the more popular names handed down to Greek girls. The title means sincere, peaceful, and friend. Many prominent ancient and modern Greek women share this name.
- OlympiaThis powerful moniker is given to Greek girls. Olympia means heavenly.
- CassandraCassandra is a moniker bestowed upon Greek girls. In Greek, the name means seer.
- AthenaThe name Athena is an honored and common name given to Greek girls. The title celebrates the historic Greek Goddess of wisdom.
- RheaRhea is a name handed down to Greek girls. The title is translated to mean the mother of Gods and Goddesses.
- Paraskevi This prominent name is awarded to Greek girls. The moniker Paraskevi means preparedness. It also recognizes the famed Greek Orthodox saint of similar title.
- EllaElla is a Greek girl's name. It means beautiful and light.
- Aphrodite This name is often chosen for Greek girls. The moniker's literal translation is born from sea foam. That said, it also recognizes and honors the famed Greek Love Goddess.
- ArianaAriana is a name handed down to Greek girls. Translated from Greek origin, the title means one who is quite holy and pious.
- MelinaThis moniker is given to Greek girls. In accordance with Greek word origins, this name is translated to mean gentle.
- PenelopePenelope is a title bestowed on many Greek girls. It means weaver.
- DianaThis name is commonly handed down to Greek girls. The name is translated to mean luminous or perfect.
- Korinna Korinna is a moniker given to Greek girls. It means maiden.
- CleoCleo is a name bestowed upon Greek girls. The shortened version of Cleopatra is translated to mean praiseworthy or glorious.
- MariaMaria is one of the most common names given to Greek girls. The title means shining. However, the moniker is also a version of Mary, which honors the Mother of God.
- HelenThis is another extremely popular name bestowed upon Greek girls. In literal terms, the moniker means light. The title also celebrates the legendary Greek mythological figure Helen of Troy, who was said to be the most beautiful women in the world.
- Calista This is a strong name handed down to Greek girls. In Greek, the title means most beautiful.
- ThaliaThalia is a name Greek parents often bestow upon their daughters. The moniker is translated to mean joyous. In Greek mythology, Thalia was one of the famous muses and presided over disciplines like poetry and comedy.
- NicoleNicole is a common title awarded to Greek girls. According to Greek word origins, the moniker translates to triumphant or victory of the people.
- CalliopeThis name is often awarded to Greek girls. The title means beautifully voiced. Greek culture also celebrates Calliope, who was another of the historic Muses responsible for eloquence and epic poems.
- ZoeZoe is a name gifted to Greek girls. Her name is translated to mean life. In Greek mythology, Zoe was the daughter of famed Greek Goddess Sophia.
- SophiaArguably, Sophia is one of the most popular names handed down to Greek girls. It means wisdom. The moniker also recognizes the ancient figure by the same name. She is credited for being the Greek Goddess of Spirituality in the Gnostic people recognized as early Christians.
- IrisIris is a Greek girl's name. It means rainbow, colorful, and God's messenger.
- Larissa This is a name handed down to Greek girls. According to Greek word origins, Larissa means mythical woman.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Netfalls Remy Musser/Shutterstock.com.