Giulietta is a baby girl’s name of Italian origin that means “youthful, sky father”. Giulietta is the Italian version of the name Julietta and a diminutive of Giulia. The name comes from the Roman king of the gods, Jupiter. Giulietta has never been in the top 1000 names in the US but another variation, Juliette, has been on the list for most years between 1900 and 2020.
Meaning of the name Giulietta:
Italian: youthful, sky father
Origin of the name Giulietta:
Giulietta is an Italian baby girl’s name that means “youthful, sky father”. Giulietta is the Italian version of Julietta and a diminutive of the name Giulia. Giulia is derived from the name of the Roman god Jupiter.
Symbolism of the name Giulietta:
Giulietta is derived from the name of the Roman god Jupiter. Jupiter is the king of the gods and the god of the heavens. He is associated with eagles, thunderbolts, and the sky.
Style of the name Giulietta:
Gender of the name Giulietta:
Giulietta is a girl's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Giulietta:
Number of syllables in the name Giulietta:
Emotion evoked from the name Giulietta:
Giulietta evokes feelings of youth and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Giulietta:
Julietta, Julieta, Giulieta, Julija, Julja, Giulyetta
Nicknames for the name Giulietta:
Popularity of the name Giulietta:
According to the Social Security Administration, Giulietta is an uncommon baby girl’s name. Giulietta has never been in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related names for the name Giulietta:
Great middle names for the name Giulietta and their meanings:
- Nicola (people of victory)
- Marcella (warlike)
- Allegra (joyous)
- Fia (wild, weaver)
- Viola (violet, purple)
- Chiara (light, clear)
- Aurelia (golden, gilded)
- Serafina (ardent)
- Rosina (rose)
Famous people with the name Giulietta:
- Giulia Anna “Giulietta” Masina (Italian actress)
- Giulietta Simionato (Italian operatic mezzo-soprano)
- Giulietta Pezz (iItalian writer and journalist)
- Giulia “Giulietta” Russo (Australian pop singer)
- Giulietta Guicciardi (Austrian piano student of Beethoven)
Giulietta in popular culture:
- Giulietta da Vinci (film, “The World Is Not Enough”)
- Giulietta (literature, “The Young Elites” series by Marie Lu)
- Giulietta Marcovaldo (film, “Luca”)
- Giulietta Boldrini (film, “Juliet of the Spirits”)
- Guilietta “L'ultimo bacio dato a Giulietta da Romeo” by Francesco Hayez)