Heriberto is a powerful baby name for boys. Bold in sound, the name has a Latin American appeal that made it popular during the second half of the 20th century. Heriberto Casillas was a main character in El señor de los cielos series, and Heriberto Devries is a character in the Sims series. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Heriberto:
Germanic, Spanish, Portuguese: Army bright
Origin of the name Heriberto:
Heriberto is the Spanish and Portuguese spelling of Herbert. This name derives from the Germanic elements hari (meaning “army”) and beraht (meaning “bright”).
Symbolism of the name Heriberto:
Heriberto is the Spanish and Portuguese variation of Herbert (meaning “army bright”). One of the most famous bearers of the name was Heriberto Gil Martinez of Colombia. Known for his service during the Colombia-Peru, Heriberto Martinez now has a national airport named in his honor. The symbol of this soldier and aviator was the aeronautical chart.
Style of the name Heriberto:
Gender of the name Heriberto:
Heriberto is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Heriberto:
Number of syllables in the name Heriberto:
Emotion evoked from the name Heriberto:
The name Heriberto evokes feelings of heroism and hope.
Alternative spellings for the name Heriberto:
Nicknames for the name Heriberto:
Popularity of the name Heriberto:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Heriberto was the 2,394th most popular baby name for boys in 2021.
Related names for the name Heriberto:
Great middle names for Heriberto and their meanings:
- Aloisio (famous in battle)
- Belmiro (beautiful face, handsome, attractive)
- Camden (winding valley, enclosed vale)
- Dimitri (follower of Demeter)
- Elliot (the Lord is my God)
- Felipe (friend of horses)
- Gualter (commander of the army)
- João (God is gracious)
- Jorge (farmer, earth worker)
- Locke (fortified place, enclosure, locksmith)
- Mateo (gift of God)
- Sergey (servant, attendant, guardian, steward)
- Zhasinto (hyacinth flower)
Famous people with the name Heriberto:
- Heriberto Jara Corona (politician)
- Heriberto Ramon Morales Cortes (footballer)
- Heriberto Andres Bodeant Fernandez (cleric)
- Heriberto Felix Guerra (politician)
- Heriberto Gil Martinez (soldier and aviator)
- Heriberto Jacobo Mendez (writer)
- Heriberto Araujo Rodriguez (journalist)
- Heriberto Moreno Borges Tavares (footballer)
- Heriberto Terrace (writer)
- Heriberto Herrera Udrizar (footballer)
Heriberto in popular culture:
- Heriberto Casillas (main character in El señor de los cielos series)
- Heriberto Devries (character in the Sims series)