Izamar is an intriguing classic baby name for girls. Popular throughout Latin America, the name's timeless tone has kept it relevant throughout international media. Izamar is the name of a main character in the Sevenfold Sword series, and Izamar was also a character in The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Izamar:
Hebrew, Latin, Spanish: My God is an oath, star of the sea
Origin of the name Izamar:
Izamar is an alternative spelling of Isamar. This name is a contracted form of the Spanish given name Isabel María. It is also a short form of the Italian name Isabella Maria or the French name Isabelle Marie. The name Isabel derives from the Hebrew phrase אֱלִישֶׁבַע (‘Elisheva') and means “my God is an oath.” This name entered the Greek language as Ἐλισάβετ, the English language as Elizabeth, and finally entered Spanish as Isabel. The name Maria derives from the Latin phrase stella maris (meaning “star of the sea”). This appellation refers to the Virgin Mary.
Symbolism of the name Izamar:
Izamar is a variation of Isamar. This name is a contraction of Isabella (meaning “my God is an oath”) and Maria (meaning “star of the sea”). This name comes from the Latin phrase stella maris and refers to the Virgin Mary. The symbol of this icon is the rosa mystica or lily.
Style of the name Izamar:
Gender of the name Izamar:
Izamar is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Izamar:
Number of syllables in the name Izamar:
Emotion evoked from the name Izamar:
The name Izamar evokes feelings of intelligence and insight.
Alternative spellings for the name Izamar:
Nicknames for the name Izamar:
Popularity of the name Izamar:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Izamar was the 11,053rd most popular baby name for girls in 2021.
Related names for the name Izamar:
Great middle names for Izamar and their meanings:
- Arantza (thornbush, evergreen shrub)
- Clarissa (clear, bright, famous)
- Felicidad (happiness, good fortune)
- Josefina (God will add, God will increase)
- Leandra (lion woman)
- Michelle (who is like God)
- Renata (reborn)
- Sofia (wisdom)
- Yuri (farmer, earth worker, lily, light)
- Zora (sunrise, dawn, daybreak, aurora)
Famous people with the name Izamar:
- Izamar Feliciano (actress)
- Izamar Ortiz Gonzalez (educator)
- Izamar Guelett (actress)
- Izamar Mora (model)
- Izamar Olaguez (singer)
- Izamar Rizzo (actress)
Izamar in popular culture:
- Izamar (character in the Sevenfold Sword series by Jonathan Moeller)
- Izamar (character in The Sunflower by Richard Paul Evans)
- Izamar Corrales Carrasco (character in Periodismo escrito con sangre by Javier Valdez)
- Izamar Flores (florist shop in Duque de Caxias, Brazil)