Last Updated on
If you have a picky eater at home, they are sure to love these barbecue beef cups. They are fun to eat, easy to hold and they contain ingredients that almost everyone is sure to love. Best of all, they require only a few ingredients and are super easy to make. Find out more about how you can serve this dish for your loved ones.
Easy Beef Cups Recipe
One of the best things about these beef cups is how easy they are to make.
They require four simple ingredients, beef or pork, barbecue sauce, a tube of refrigerator biscuits and cheddar cheese.
Start by browning the meat and adding barbecue sauce. Press the biscuit dough into the muffin cups and add the beef mixture. Then sprinkle cheese on top for a terrific finishing touch.
Finally, just pop everything in the oven and bake for a dish your family is sure to love.
Of course, there are several variations you can make on the beef cup recipe. Various seasonings can be added like garlic, salt or pepper. Some may also add onions and pepper to boost the nutritional value and flavor.
You can also get some variety in the meat you use. You can use a combination of chopped beef and ground beef to elevate the dish. Sloppy Joe meat can also make a great substitute.
Some cooks might choose to make their own dough for the muffin shells. This is an extra step to take, but those who prefer to make everything from scratch will find it’s well worth it.
The dough can be made with a yeast and flour mixture or you can use Bisquick and water for a bit of a shortcut that can be equally delicious.
BBQ Beef Cups
Barbecue sauce is often added to this recipe. It gives the meat a great smoky flavor which most will enjoy. However, if your picky eater does not enjoy the taste of barbecue sauce, there are many other sauces that will make choice substitutes. Here are some you might consider:
- Marinara Sauce: This is perfect for giving your meat a lighter flavor full of tomato-y goodness.
- Worcestershire Sauce: This will give your meat a sweet and savory taste with a vinegar-y tang.
- A1 Sauce: This is one of the more popular brands of steak sauce, so popular in fact, that when we think of steak sauce, A1 instantly comes to mind. Like most steak sauces, it is reminiscent of Worcestershire although this one is more tart in flavor.
- While many chefs will buy premade barbecue sauces, others prefer to make their own. This is relatively easy to do. It starts with a basic tomato base and sugar and spices and acid are added in.
- The tomato base can be tomato paste, tomato sauce or ketchup. Add sweetness with honey, brown sugar or molasses. Then add liquid smoke or Worcestershire sauce to give it a flavorful kick.
- Of course, if you would rather not make your own barbecue sauce and you don’t have any lying around, here are some great alternatives.
- Hoison Sauce: Popularly used in Asian cooking, this has similar flavors to barbecue sauce even though the ingredients are quite different.
- Plum sauce: This is another Asian favorite that has a sweet and sour profile that makes it the perfect barbecue sauce alternative.
Little hands love muffin tin dinners, they’re easy to hold and eat (and these are especially delicious). They’re made with only a few ingredients, all easy to assemble into a hearty dinner without spending all night at the stove.
Our picky little preschoolers eat these and ask for more. We add extra cheese without overwhelming the flavors for the adults at the dinner table…the kids are happy, and the Beef Cups are still savory delights.Print
Little hands love muffin tin dinners, they’re easy to hold and eat (and these are especially delicious). They’re made with only a few ingredients, all easy to assemble into a hearty dinner without spending all night at the stove. Our picky little preschoolers eat these and ask for more. We add extra cheese without overwhelming the flavors for the adults at the dinner table…the kids are happy and the Beef Cups are still savory delights.
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tube of 8-10 refrigerator biscuits
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Brown meat and drain.
2. Add barbecue sauce and mix well.
3. Place unbaked biscuit into each muffin cup.
4. Pressing to cover bottom and sides of cup.
5. Spoon meat mixture into biscuit cups.
6. Sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy beef cups recipe, bbq beef cups