If you've never had a hamburger pie before, you're definitely missing out. This cornbread hamburger pie is just the right mixture of cozy and savory. It will leave everyone around your table feeling full and happy!
If you're thinking that a cornbread hamburger pie sounds difficult to make, you're wrong! This recipe is surprisingly simple to make, especially since you'll be using store-bought cornbread mix. Follow the steps carefully, and in no time at all you'll have a dinner that's sure to delight everyone in your family.
We recommend serving this cornbread hamburger pie with a simple tossed salad. There's no reason to go all-out with your side dish when the main dish is relatively simple and easy. Throw together the vegetables of your choosing, add some croutons, and toss with a dressing of choice. Now you have a complete dinner for your whole family to enjoy.
If you like this recipe, check out all of our other recipes on Moms Who Think. We also have tons of other food content, including nutritional information, ways to eat healthy, and food comparison articles. By the time you're done exploring our site, you'll be an expert on food!
Cornbread Hamburger Pie
1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 package (8½ ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
1 can (10¾ ounces) condensed tomato soup
¼ cup salsa
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cook the beef, onion and green pepper in a skillet over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Drain and place mixture into a 9-inch round pie plate.
3. Meanwhile, prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Let stand for 2 minutes.
4. Stir next three ingredients into beef mixture.
5. Spoon cornbread batter over beef mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Makes 6 servings.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©from my point of view/Shutterstock.com.