At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Easter is a holiday that is special to many boys and girls all over the world. It is a day for egg hunts, bright colors, great food and sweet treats.
If Easter is coming and you are struggling to think of ways to make your holiday special, you really can’t go wrong with this Easter Bunny cake.
The Easter Bunny cake is a bit tricky to make since you have to get the shapes just right. But decorating it can be a lot of fun and it can be a great bonding activity for both you and your children to enjoy.
Of course, the Easter Bunny cake will not be the only thing that will make your holiday special. You can also decorate Easter eggs or go on an Egg hunt.
And we all know about Christmas trees…why not make an Easter tree? You can get creative with DIY Easter ornaments to make your tree look lovely.
Some other great ideas include reading Easter themed books with your children, making Easter arts and crafts and making and giving out Easter baskets.
But, of course, at the end of the day, everyone will be looking forward to that delicious Easter meal.
Ham is typically the main entrée for Easter dinner. Some popular sides include scalloped potatoes, carrots, peas, deviled eggs, macaroni and cheese and hot crossed buns.
The Moms Who Think web site has plenty of ways that you can serve these dishes to make them unique and the perfect thing for your Easter meal.
But of course, no matter how good dinner will be, everyone will be looking forward to dessert, especially when they know it will be your much anticipated Easter Bunny cake. The light white cake topped with creaming icing or butter cream and the assorted candies will be the perfect colorful treat for a spring day.
Look forward to making your Easter special with this delicious Easter Bunny cake!
EASTER BUNNY CAKE
2 1/2 cups coconut, divided
green food coloring
2 baked 9-inch round cake layers, cooled
3-4 cups buttercream or vanilla frosting
assorted jelly beans and/or other candies for decorating
1. Tint 1/4 cup of the coconut green using green food coloring.
2. Leave one layer whole (A in the diagram), this will be the bunny’s head/face
3. Cut 1 cake layer as a half circle shape on each side of the cake (for the ears – B in the middle of the diagram at the left) leaving a bow tie shape in the center of the cake. The bow tie shape should be about 1 1/2″ wide at the widest part (C in the diagram at left).
4. Place the whole cake layer (A) in center of cake platter (we used a sturdy piece of cardboard covered in heavy foil).
5. Place the half circle shapes (pieces B) on the top pointing up for the bunny’s ears.
6. Place the remaining piece (piece C) at the bottom of the whole cake layer to make a bow tie. Your assembled cake should look like the right third of the diagram on the left.
7. Frost all pieces with buttercream or vanilla frosting.
8. Decorate center of bunny’s ears and outline of bowtie with candies. Sprinkle coconut generously over bunny’s head and outer edge of ears and bowtie.
9. Decorate with candies for eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers.