Encanto is not only a fantastical movie full of fun, family, and magic, but it also makes for a great birthday party theme. Follow this ultimate Encanto birthday party guide to plan a super fun day filled with all good things. Encanto, which is inspired by the beauty of Colombia, tells the story of the magical Madrigal family and their connection to each other (via Travel & Leisure). It draws on the importance of family, loyalty, and bravery, with plenty of fun, and lots of magic in the mix. From a party planning point of view, you can include the colors, the fun, and maybe even some magic in your special day.
In this post, we’ll cover the basics of party planning, including some things to keep in mind. Once those have been sorted, we can get into the specifics that will make your ultimate Encanto birthday party well worth remembering. From food and balloons to game ideas, decoration options, and activities, you’re in the right place to learn all about the ins and outs of throwing the ultimate Encanto birthday party. So, let’s get talking about Bruno, and other Encanto-themed fun!
The Basics of Good Party Planning
The first thing to consider when planning any kind of party is the four W's. Who will you invite? What will you do at the party? Where will you host it? And, when will you be able to throw it? Clearing these details early on will help you plan the more theme-specific parts that will make your party all the more fun. So, for some advice on how to cover the four W's, just stick around and keep on reading.
The Who, The What, The Where, And The When
- Let's start easy. Who will you invite to this ultimate Encanto birthday? Think about what classmates or family friends should definitely be included. Be sure to invite immediate family who will enjoy this special affair, or consider if it should just be kids who will really appreciate the Encanto theme. Once you have an idea of how many people you'll invite, you can start to think about the next steps. Be sure to get invitations out early if you're sending them via snail mail. Email or text is a faster option.
- What kinds of activities can you do that will include everyone, and what kinds of food will you serve? We'll get into the theme-specific activities a little further down, but the number of people will affect the kinds of activities you can do, as well as how much food you should plan to serve. Consider dietary restrictions or allergies in your preparations for what to serve as well.
- How about the location? Where can you host this ultimate Encanto birthday party? Is it small enough for a living room? Or warm enough outside to host in a backyard? Perhaps there's somewhere to rent a space large enough that comes with activities built in. Like a gym or an art studio? As long as there's space for games and a table for treats, you're well set up for a great day.
- And finally, when can you throw the party? Does this particular birthday fall on a weekend or a weekday? Check with your guests to see if there's a day that cannot attend, and if you're renting a space be sure to double-check when it may be booked.
Encanto Specific Party Planning
Now comes the fun part; the theme-specific party planning! Let's draw on all the fun colors, great themes, and Disney magic of Encanto. Starting off with themed decor, we'll cover some DIY treats, custom cake ideas, games, activities, and more. What characters will show up at this birthday party?
1. Bring Out The Themed Decorations
This first item is a must. Encanto is filled with vibrant colors, magical banners, and fun, unique characters. So bring them into your birthday party planning. Check out the many options for themed banners, balloons, streamers, plates, and other fun Encanto decorations. Why not include a few character cutouts in your setup? Everyone wants to attend this spectacular Encanto birthday party, even the members of the Madrigal family.
2. Bring On The Tasty Treats!
Next up, the food. Perhaps you could include some traditional Colombian recipes in your party? Arepas and Empanadas are both mentioned in the movie, and they can be made with all kinds of sweet and savory ingredients (via CNN). Or you could go the colorful route. Find food that matches the colors of the movie and serve those alongside whatever cake, or cupcake treats you decide on for the grand finale. Check out the cake toppers and themed decorations available through Amazon on the list below.
3. Encanto Inspired Activities
Now, for some fun ideas straight from the world of Encanto. There are plenty of themed board games and card games that could be played indoors with the right number of players. For more involved activities, why not get out some art supplies and have everyone paint their version of the Madrigal's magical house? Print out coloring pages, and remake your favorite Encanto characters. For physical play, set up a maze outdoors with prizes for whoever gets to the other side. There are always the classics like potato sack races or a round of “Pin the Butterfly on Mirabel.”
4. Parting Gifts & Resources
And lastly, can't forget the party favors. Who doesn't love a parting gift? Make little themed bags full of Encanto-related goodies. Include any crafts or prizes that your guests have made or won, and maybe write a note to say “Thanks for being a part of this ultimate Encanto birthday party.”
- $16.99Buy Now
These themed balloons are made of Mylar and feature Encanto characters, a garland, a jaguar, and other colorful balloons. It also comes with 3D Butterfly stickers.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 03:25 am GMT
- $13.99Buy Now
These Encanto characters make the perfect addition to any birthday party. These high-quality cut-outs come with stakes to go outdoors. Enjoy the company of Mirabel, Isabela, Luisa, Antonio, and Bruno.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 03:35 am GMT
- $12.99Buy Now
These 8 centerpiece figurines are great for table decorations, as a cake topper, or even as a party favor. Comes with a food-safe stick for cake decorating.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 03:40 am GMT
- $7.99Buy Now
These Encanto party favor bags are the perfect vehicle for any parting treats to give your guests. This set comes with 30 bags made from high-quality, durable plastic.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 03:45 am GMT
- $10.99Buy Now
This version of the classic UNO game features all your favorite Encanto characters. Perfect for 2 - 10 Players, this can be played at birthday parties, game nights, or other fun social events.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 03:55 am GMT
- $10.87Buy Now
This Encanto-themed board game is great for kids 5+, and anyone who loves the movie. Work together to keep the Madrigal's house from losing its magic, perfect for 2-4 players. This game comes with 7 house-themed panels, a boardgame base, 24 charms, 2 punch sheets, 10 stands, 1 staircase, 65 action cards, 1 spinner, 1 plastic peg, and a spinner cap. Read the instructions and get playing!
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 04:03 am GMT
The image featured at the top of this post is ©streetflash/Shutterstock.com.