Looking for the ultimate Mario birthday guide? Look no further than this post. Super Mario Bros was originally an arcade game developed in 1983 by Nintendo. It was further expanded into a console game in 1985. Starring two Italian plumbers, brothers Mario and Luigi, the goal of the game was to rescue Princess Toadstool from the evil dragon King, Bowser. From an arcade game to a console, and now in its most evolved Nintendo Switch format, the Super Mario Bros truly is iconic. These are such great characters to incorporate into a birthday party! Ensure that your child’s birthday will be absolutely unforgettable with some Mario-themed games, and activities. Or get the perfect decorations that mark the occasion. Read on to learn more about throwing the ultimate Mario birthday.
In this post, we’ll discuss how to throw the ultimate Mario birthday party. Get some ideas for planning an unforgettable day, with tips and links for where to look. We’ll go over the basics of party planning and then get into some of the more theme-specific considerations. Stick around until the end to take a look at some of the Mario Bros birthday supplies that Amazon’s got to offer. Between activity ideas, decorating planning, and even dessert suggestions, we’ve got you covered for the ultimate Mario birthday guide. Let’s-a-go!
The Basics of Party Planning
First; the basics of party planning. Consider the who, what, where, and when of your party. Who would you like to invite? What would you like to serve to your guests? Where can it happen? And when can it happen? For this last question, you may be thinking “On my child's birthday, of course,” but sometimes those happen on a Monday, so wouldn't the previous Sunday or the weekend after be better for everyone? These are the things to consider when you first begin your party planning.
The Four W's To Remember
- Who are you going to invite? This first detail will impact how many invites you need to get and send, where the party can happen, how much food to serve, and when the party can happen. Ensure that you check in with your potential guests about a day that might work, and include everyone who needs to be included on the invite. Once you have this figured out, you can send out some Mario-themed invitations, and be sure to send them out as early as possible. Some people may not be able to come, and having a headcount will help you so much with all the rest of your party planning.
- What will you serve to your guests? If the party is a few hours you may need to consider snacks and cake. If it's a shorter party, maybe you can just plan on desserts. Will you make them yourself, or will you hire someone to make a cake for you? Can you supply snacks, or is there a restaurant you'd like to order some options from?
- Where can you host this party? Will you need a big space? Or will a living room do? Think about what activities you'd like to do at this ultimate Mario birthday party. Your headcount and activity planning will influence where you can host a party of this kind.
- Once you have a head count, you can firm up when this party is actually happening. Figure out the date and time of the party. Be sure to include those important details on your invite! Don't forget to consider how you will go about sending invites. Is there enough time to use the postal service? Snail mail is lovely but can be slow. Slower than, say, an e-card invite.
Theme-Specific Planning Ideas
Here's where you get to let your creativity flag fly! Keeping in line with the theme, let's talk decoration ideas, Mario-themed snacks or desserts, and Mario-related activities. Have fun with it, and use the resources at your disposal, including some perfect decorations from Amazon, to really go all out.
If you're having the ultimate Mario birthday, you've gotta get the decorations. Include banners of the iconic brothers, Princess Toad, and those invincible stars. Maybe even Bowser wants to be included. There are tablecloths and super big balloons, cake stands with the characters on them, and other perfectly on-theme decors that'll take your ultimate Mario birthday to the next level.
2. Snacks & Treats
Depending on how much time and extra work you feel like putting into the food, there are all kinds of snacks that you can DIY for this theme. This themed charcuterie board from Love From The Oven includes popcorn, cheese, candy, and handmade mushroom marshmallows. Cut the cheese into stars, and follow the other recipes to create all kinds of characters, parts of the landscape, and familiar features of the Super Mario Bros game. If you want something a little less involved, get some Mario-themed cupcake toppers, or order a specialty customized cake. Whatever route you choose to go, include some themed snacks at your ultimate Mario birthday.
Every birthday party needs some fun activities, and there are several ways you can go with these.
- For creative, and hands-on activities, check out the printables from the Nintendo website. Kiddos can enjoy coloring, or puzzles featuring their favorite Mario characters.
- For an active option, create an outdoor obstacle course with lots of running and jumping. Party guests can try their hand at the kind of exercise that Mario and Luigi get every time they have to rescue Princess Toadstool. And everyone who completes the course could get some kind of prize.
- Who doesn't like a piñata? There are some great, on-theme piñatas that you can fill up with candy, and include in your party activity planning.
- Pin the mustache on the Mario? Amazon has some cool activity decorations that will fill up your party time with some hands-on fun activities. There's also a Bowser inflatable sports game!
- Why not have a photo booth? Get some costume items and hang a sheet as a backdrop, or use a themed banner. There are also banners on Amazon where kiddos can poke their faces through and pose as their favorite character. Once the party is over, you can send everyone a thank you card with a photo of their adventure into the magical Super Mario Bros world.
4. Gift Bags & Party Favors
Don't forget the party favors which can be a lovely parting gift for your guests. Include some Mario-themed snacks (Oreo, and Funable fruit snacks for instance,) and some Mario-themed party supplies. Check out the items like mini-notebooks, stickers, reusable straws, keychains, and more. There are even drawstring bags with the characters on them if you want to keep the theme through and through. You can go big or go small, with lots of Super Mario Bros themed merchandise for gift bags & party favors. Check out some ideas from Amazon at the bottom of this post.
Party Planning Overview
Cover the four W's of party planning, and then you can get to the fun stuff. Once you know who you'll invite, what you'll serve, where you'll host, and when you can have the party, it's time to get creative. Gather your themed decor, which for the Super Mario Bros, there is no end of purchasable options. Set up some fun activities for your party guests, and decide what on-theme food you'd like to serve. You can go all out and DIY some Mario-world snacks, or go the custom-order route and get a Mario cake! The bottom line is that Mario is a great theme because he's a well-liked character with an immersive, colorful, and fun-filled world. There are numerous ways to make this birthday unforgettable, so follow this ultimate Mario birthday party guide to have an easy time planning a super fun birthday party.
- $2.98 ($0.30 / Count)Buy Now
Enjoy this pack of 10 Mario-themed fruit-flavored snacks.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 09:25 pm GMT
- $34.00Buy Now
This inflatable Bowser comes with two fire balls that you can try to score on Bowser. It measures 51 inches wide by 46 inches tall. It's easy to set up and use.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 09:55 pm GMT
- $17.99Buy Now
This 10-piece set of character stakes is the perfect addition to any Mario Birthday.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 10:15 pm GMT
- $24.99Buy Now
This set of 12 drawstring bags comes with 4 different Super Mario Bros character designs. Fill them up with party favors and enjoy these perfectly themed party favor gift bags.
We earn a commission if you make a purchase, at no additional cost to you.02/26/2024 10:05 pm GMT
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Gorodenkoff/Shutterstock.com.