Easy Ruben Chicken Casserole
Use your slow cooker to make this delicious and simple Ruben Chicken Casserole for something different for dinner tonight.
32 ounces sauerkraut (jar or bag), rinsed and drained, divided
1 cup Russian salad dressing, divided
4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tablespoon prepared mustard, divided
4-6 slices Swiss cheese
1. Layer half the sauerkraut in the bottom of a greased 5-6 quart slow cooker. Drizzle with ⅓ cup of dressing.
2. Place 2 to 3 chicken breasts on top and spread half the mustard over the chicken.
3. Top with the remaining sauerkraut and chicken breasts; drizzle another ⅓ cup of dressing over all and reserve the remaining dressing for serving.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
5. To serve, place each breast on a plate. Divide the sauerkraut over top the chicken. Top each with a slice of Swiss cheese and a drizzle of the remaining dressing.