There are few things in life that are as inspiring as a fresh start … a clean slate … a rebirth! This list of girl names that mean rebirth is FILLED with beautiful, feminine names that are worthy of exploring. Give your daughter an amazing start with one of these options.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Rebirth
- Perenna Perenna is a girl's name that means “eternal,” “everlasting,” “recurring,” or “enduring.” It's not unlike the word “perennial.”
- Alula Coming from Arabic, this beautiful, feminine name means “the first leap.” It's commonly used for firstborn daughters, but it could also mean the first life or the first chapter of your family story.
- ConstanceAs you might expect, this name means “constant.” Variations include Connie, Constancia, and Constantine.
- Sahar With roots in Persia, Pakistan, and Iran, Sahar is popular in a number of Muslim countries. It's a name that means “morning” or “awakening.” It's also spelled Shachar.
- Ausra You won't often hear this one on the playground! It means “dawn,” and while it's a popular baby girl name in its native country of Lithuania, it's less common elsewhere.
- Oriana – Oriana means “light,” “golden,” “sun,” and “dawn.” You might recognize it from The Ballad of Oriana by the poet Tennyson.
- Aurora – Aurora means “dawn” and is most commonly associated with Aurora Borealis or the Northern Lights. It's also the name of Sleeping Beauty, giving it further symbolism for awakenings and new beginnings.
- Nityasri Nityasri comes from India and means “eternal,” “constant,” or “ever-present.” It's a timeless kind of name.
- Evermore A lovely, lyrical name, Evermore sounds like something out a fairy tale, so it could make a wonderful name to symbolize life, rebirth, and immortality.
- Roxanna Meaning “sunlight,” “bright,” “sun god,” and “new day,” Roxanna will be a bright and cheerful name for your baby girl that also reflects the freshness of new beginnings.
- Soyong Soyong is a Korean name that means “eternal beauty” or “eternal prosperity.” It could be a great name to celebrate her Asian heritage.
- Eos In Greek mythology, Eos is a great titaness who serves as the symbol of dawn and daybreak. It's a mighty kind of name, and it could also be more original than something like Dawn or Sunny.
- Janmay Janmay means “born” or “newborn” in Hindi. It can also be spelled Janmaye.
- Zerlinda Of Hebrew origins, Zerlinda means “beautiful dawn.” You can use it to spice up a normal, everyday day like Linda, or you can use it to add a little beauty and majesty to names that just mean “dawn.”
- Tancy Tancy is a cute girl's name that means “immortal.” It sounds like a nickname, but it's a full Greek name.
- Beeja Beeja comes from Hindi and means “the beginning” or more literally “point of origin.” It can be pronounced either BEE-jzuh or bee-YAY-yuh.
- Alba In Latin, Alba means “white.” In Spanish and Italian, it means “dawn.” Both can be signs of a new, pure, and wholesome life coming into the universe.
- Senara Senara is such an old name that its origins have been lost to time, but it's generally assumed to mean something like “dawn,” “new day” or “new light.” It's of Cornish origin.
- EveThe first woman created by God in the Bible, Eve has a timeless quality about her, especially if you think of your daughter as Eve reborn.
- Athanasia This is the female version of Athanasius, which means “immortal.” It can be shortened to Sia, Athy, or even Nancy.
- Navika Popular in Indian culture, Navika means “new” or “fresh” and is considered both a compliment and a blessing to a baby girl.
- Gila Gila has its roots in Hebrew and means “eternal joy” or “eternal pledge.” If you're thinking in terms of resurrection and rebirth, it's a time that could symbolize forever.
- Idunn Idunn is a figure in Norse mythology. She's the goddess of the apples of eternal youth, and her name means “ever young,” “rejuvenator” or “the rejuvenating one.” You can also spell her name Idhunn, Ithun, Iduna or Idona.
- Langhuie A fun, old-fashioned name, Langhuie means “long life” or “the lasting one.”
- Zyanya This utterly unique baby name dates all of the way back to the Aztecs. It means “forever” or “always.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©shmai/Shutterstock.com.