From Kensa, which means “first,” to Inizio, which literally means “beginnings,” this list of baby names that mean beginning is filled with a variety of beautiful options for both boys and girls. Explore the names and select the most meaningful option for your child.
- Alba A cheerful name for girls meaning “dawn,” Alba was popularized by actress Jessica Alba. In 2020, over 150 girls were named Alba.
- Kensa Kensa sounds similar to Kenzi but offers more individuality. The name means “first,” and has a Cornish origin.
- Dawnetta A great variation of the name Dawn, Dawnetta means “first rays of the day.” It is unique and unusual and has an English origin.
- Wahuj An unusual but fun name of Urdu origin, Wahuj means “the first ray of light, dawn.”
- Issey A name of Japanese origin meaning “firstborn,” Issey is most often used as a name for boys.
- NeoThis name means “new.” It can also be spelled Neyo. It is a gender-neutral name most often used to name boys.
- Alpha Alpha means “first” or “beginning.” It is a name closely associated with the first letter of the Greek alphabet. It is a name used for girls and boys.
- GenesisFor religious parents, the name Genesis represents the first book of the Bible. It also means “beginnings.” It is a name that is suitable for boys and girls.
- PhoenixA gender-neutral name that represents reincarnation and a bird that rises from the ashes, Phoenix is a hip and modern name that isn't overused.
- AshiaA name most commonly used for girls, Ashia means “dawn.” It has Arabic origins.
- Inizio – An Indian name for boys, Inizio means “beginnings.”
- Nova – This gender-neutral name means “new” and has Latin origins.
- Lovika The name Lovika is charming and creative. It means “love at first sight,” the emotion you will feel seeing your baby for the first time. It is most often a name given to girls.
- Naki Meaning “the first girl born in the family,” Naki is short and erotic, a name not often heard in the country. It has African origin.
- Chaska Meaning “firstborn son,” Chaska is an unusual name for boys that isn't heard often in the U.S. or U.K.
- Pehila A three-syllable name for girls of Indian origin, Pehila means “first,” an excellent name choice to signal a new beginning.
- Joo-Wan The name Joo-Wan has Sino-Korean origin and means “first origin” or “beautiful woman.” Joo Won is the name of a famous Korean actress.
- Durmata An Indian name for girls, Durmata means “first power, strong as Donga.” Rarely do we hear this name outside of India.
- Ona Derived from Latin, Ona means “one” or “only child.” The name is popular in the Slovak region, most often used as a name for a girl.
- EvalynA great name for girls, Evalyn means “first life.” It has English and French origin and has several spelling variations, including Evelyn.
- Jeevankala This name for girls has Indian origin. Although it can be a bit difficult to pronounce, the name is beautiful with a great meaning of “art of life,” “creator of life.”
- Zerlina The name Zerlina is cheerful and fun. It means “beautiful dawn” and has Hebrew origin. This beautiful name is not often used so it gives her uniqueness in this world.
- Fajar An Indian name for boys, Fajar has two syllables. Boys named Fajar are said to be happy and confident. The name means “dawn.”
- Beejah Most commonly a name given to girls, Beejah has Indian origins and means “the beginning or happy.”
- Prabhat The name Prabhat is popular in India but rarely heard outside the country. The name means “the sun's first rays.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©bongbabyhousevn / Pixabay.