This list of boy names that mean beginning is filled with some unique and handsome option. Amil, Neanderr, Kadam, Newman … the names run the gamut! Explore the list, complete with meanings and origins, and find the perfect name for your son.
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Beginning
- Jeevan A name of Indian origin, Jeevan means “new life.” It is a name you do not hear in the U.S. very often.
- Vihan Vihan is a clever yet unusual name for boys. It has Indian origin and means “sunrise or dawn.”
- Gesang A name for a boy, Gesang means “gives life.” This is not a common name. Gesang has Indonesian origins.
- Perdana Primarily a boy's name of Indian origin, Perdana means “the first.” Children named Perdana are said to grow up to be modest, simple, and straightforward.
- Kadam Children named Kadam are born leaders, strong, and superior. The name means “first step to do anything, new beginnings.” It has Indian origin.
- Chiles The name Chiles has English origins. It means “firstborn child” Give the name Chiles to a carefree boy.
- Novak A name of Serbian origin meaning “new,” Novak is a two-syllable boys' name popularized by Serbian soccer player Novak Djokovic.
- Rene – A popular name of French origin, Rene means “beginnings.”
- Amil An Arabic name meaning “new beginnings,” it is a unique choice for boys in the U.S. and other non-Islamic countries. The name is simple yet unique.
- Ordell – This Latin name means “beginnings.”
- Sabik This name means “the one who comes in first.” It has Indian origins but is uncommonly used outside the country.
- Altan The name Altan means “red dawn.” It is the perfect name choice for a vibrant little boy. It has Turkish origins.
- Aleph The name Aleph means “number one.” It has Hebrew origins. Parents do not use the name Aleph often so it meets the criteria as a unique name.
- Neander Meaning “new man,” Neander has a Greek origin. People with this name are talkative, charismatic, and sharp.
- Ekada Meaning “first one,” Ekada is a popular name in the Hindu religion.
- Hilo A great name for boys with two syllables, Hilo means “first moon of the new night.” It is of Hawaiian origin.
- Rohit A popular boy's name in India, Rohit means “the sun's first ray.” It's a good name for a happy and cheerful baby boy.
- Ettan The name Ettan has two syllables. It is a fun and creative name for boys meaning “first breath of life.” It is a powerful name of Indian origin.
- Tan The name Tan comes of Vietnamese origin. It means “a new start.”
- Andranik This Indian boy's name means “firstborn child with positive thinking.” It is a unique name outside of India.
- Newman Newman means “newcomer to a place,” quite the welcoming name for the birth of a son. The name has a Middle-English origin.
- Abhinav This popular Indian name means “new dawn.” It is not often used in America.
- Prat This name has Indian origin. It means “dawn, first ray of light.”
- Adamo Meaning “first man to come to life,” This simple boy's name has Indian origin.
- Elais A gender-neutral name meaning “one who gives life,” Elais is a dominant name but not used often in the U.S.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Simplylove/Shutterstock.com.