From Eric, which means “eternal ruler,” to Divot, which literally means “immortal,” each of these boy names that mean immortal — or a nod to it — are handsome and intriguing. Explore the options and find the perfect name for your baby boy!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Immortal
- Aeric An alternative to the name Eric, Aeric means “One who is an eternal ruler.” It has Norse origins.
- Kaldun This handsome name for boys means “to remain or last forever.” The name is unique and has Arabic origins.
- Afni The name Afni means “A sweet person, one who is eternally sweet.” The name has Indian origins.
- Eirx This unusual name for boys has Norse origins. It means “eternal ruler.” The name is the 11,704th most popular name in the U.S., meaning it is rarely heard of in this country.
- Kalateeta Meaning “Beyond time limitations,” the name Kalateeta is commonly used for boys in India, its country of origin. Other parts of the world have few people, if any, with the name.
- Halid The name Halid means “eternal, everlasting, immortal.” It is a popular name in Arabic countries, but unique in America.
- Alkalmeet This name means “eternal friend.” Boys with this name are kind, hard-working, and admirable. The name is of Indian origin.
- Thanos Popular due to its inclusion in a Marvel movie, this name is Greek and means “immortal.”
- EricThis name is very popular in America. It is used both as a first and middle name. It means “eternal ruler” and has Old Norse origins.
- Baki An Arabic name for boys, Baki means “eternal.” Boys with this name are quick and analytical.
- Shervin The boy’s name Shervin means “eternal soul.” It has Persian origins. Boys with the name Shervin are said to be kind-hearted, old-fashioned, and loyal.
- DanteThe name Dante means “everlasting; enduring.” It has a Latin origin. This name suits parents looking for a popular, modern name.
- Abinesh Abinesh is a name for boys meaning “eternal, immortal, he who has no death.” It has Indian origin.
- Akal The name can also be spelled Akaal. It means “timeless, immortal, non-temperamental.” It is of Sikh origins.
- Awadeep An unusual boy’s name, Awadeep is not often used outside of India. The name means “eternal light, immortal light.”
- Suchir This name for boys has Indian origins. It means “immortal or eternal.” It is rarely heard outside of India.
- Amaran This name means “the immortal; one who is blessed to have a long lifetime.” It is of Indian origin and provides parents with a unique and fun-sounding name.
- Sharveen Meaning “immortal, eternal,” the name Sharveen has Persian origins. It is a unique name in the U.S.
- Ashooja The name Ashooja is unique and so much fun to say. The three-syllable name means “eternally happy, blessed with joy and delight forever in life.” It has Indian origins.
- Heng A Chinese name that means “eternal, permanent, or constant.” This one syllable name is popular in China but not outside the country.
- Ranjeev This Indian name for boys means “immortal, long-lived, without death.”
- Divot The name Divit means “immortal.” The name originated from Hindu religion.
- Samad Samad is a name with Arabic origins. It means “everlasting.
- Akshay This boy's name means “fresh, no decay.” It is of Indian origin.
- Elad This name means “forever God.” It is of Hebrew origin and also represents a member of the tribe of Ephraim.
Tips for Raising a Strong Child
If you're thinking of naming your son after something that means immortal, chances are you want him to grow up strong and resilient. Raising a son who's able to withstand even the toughest challenges takes the right guiding hand.
Preparing your child for potential challenges he may face is the best way to ensure he grows up strong. When your child is old enough, begin talking to him about some of the problems he may face. Whether it's bullying, academic struggles, or something more long-term like financial hardship, making sure he is prepared will help him be resilient through difficulty.
Setting a good example for your child is key, too. When you face challenges, take them in stride and don't crumple. Keep in mind that being strong is not synonymous with never experiencing emotion. In fact, the strongest people are the ones who are able to make peace with the way they feel. Teach your son that it's okay to cry, to get angry, and to get frustrated. What really matters is how he goes forward from there; will he crumble, or will he rise up and overcome the challenge?
By guiding your son through life and preparing him for all the hardships and setbacks he may face, you'll be doing him a great favor. You'll strengthen his character and build his resilience. Both of those qualities are excellent ones to have in today's uncertain world.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Lucky Team Studio/Shutterstock.com.