A new baby is the embodiment of a new beginning. Capture the joy and innocence of a fresh start to life by giving your child one of these boy names that mean new beginnings. From Lazarus to Vihaan and beyond, each of these names either literally means “new beginning” or gives nod to a similar notion. Explore the names, complete with meaning and origin.
- Auster Auster is a name meaning “towards the dawn.” It is a Pre-Latin name for boys.
- Nijel THe boy's name Nijel means “to overcome.” This name last made the Top 50 lists back in 1974. It has an Irish origin and several spelling variations.
- Ankuj This name means “conquerer and warrior at heart,” qualities people need when they find new beginnings. It is an Indian name for boys.
- Irvin “To renew” is the definition of the name Irvin. This name was popular during the 1800s and early 1900s but these days provides a boy with a rare, unique name.
- Lazarus – The name Lazarus means “rebirth, resurrection.”
- Asir The name Asir has Indian origins. It means “to begin, the beginning.” It is a common name for boys n India but not often used in other countries.
- Rahit This Indian boy's name means “new start.” You will not hear this name used often outside of India.
- Neander A great name for a boy that means “new man.” People with this name often have creativeness and are very social.
- Tan The name Tan is primarily used for boys. It has Vietnamese origins.
- Navin The name Nevin means “new, fresh, young.” It has Indian origins.
- Ewan The name Ewan means “born of yew, youth.” The unusual name for boys originates from Pictish and Scottish origins.
- Novus Parents seeking a unique name for boys can consider the name Novus. It means “new” in Thai.
- Ahijit This unusual boy's name means “conqueror of the serpent.” The name has Indian origins.
- Sahar – An Indian boy's name, Sahar means “before dawn.”
- Fethi This name has Indian origins and means “victorious, triumphant.” You will not hear the name outside of India very often but it is a popular name in the country.
- XavierThe third most popular Latino American name, Xavier means “bright, new.” The name has Baque origins.
- Abhinavi The boys' name Abhinavi means “always new.” People with this name are creative and free-spirited. The name has Indian origins.
- Vihaan This Indian name for boys is unique outside of the country. It means “dawn” or “sunrise.”
- Durai – This unique name means “conquerer.” It has Indian origins.
- NicholasNicholas means “victory of the people.” The name was most popular in 1997 but remains a top choice for parents seeking a name with Greek origins
- Probhat Choose this for a unique name for a little boy. The name means “the sun's first rays and has Indian origins.
- Halburt This old-school name for boys means “he who conquers. It is an old French name that's strong and vocal.
- Taner This unique, simple name for boys has Turkish origins and means “born at dawn.” The name is a good choice for a future leader.
- Horatio The name Horatio for boys is dramatic and influential. The name was popularized by Horatio Cain on the TV series CSI: Miami. The name itself means “new day.”
- Nouvel The boy's name Nouvel originates from French origins. It means “new.”
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©dam_point/Shutterstock.com.