At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Healthy Barbecued Chicken – Spicy Southern Style Recipe
5 Tablespoons (3 oz.) tomato paste
1 teaspoon ketchup
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon molasses
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 teaspoons white vinegar
3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/8 teaspoon ginger, grated
1 1/2 lb. chicken (breasts, drumsticks), skinless
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken in saucepan.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Wash chicken and pat dry. Place it on large platter and brush with half of sauce mixture.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Place chicken on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and broil for 10 minutes on each side to seal in juices.
6. Turn oven to 350 degrees F and add remaining sauce to chicken. Cover chicken with aluminum foil and continue baking for 30 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 81 mg
Sodium: 199 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 27 g
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Potassium: 392 mg