If you’ve already found your baby’s first name and you’re ready to settle on the middle name, here are some great options that start with the letter X. Take a look.
Middle Names that Start with X
- XiaXia is a girl's name choice that means “glow of the sunrise” in the country of China. It is a beautiful name that can now be used as a middle name choice in any culture though that can reflect the beauty of your daughter.
- Xidorn Xidorn means “the truth-seeker” and is a made-up boy's option in American culture. It has some roughness and seriousness associated with it if this is what you envision for your son, making it a great middle name choice.
- Xihuitl Xihuitl is an Aztec baby name that is the word for “comet” in the language. If you want to honor the Aztec heritage your family has and showcase the shining star your child is, use this unisex middle name choice.
- Xipil Xipil is also an Aztec baby name meaning “noble” or “of fire” and was reserved primarily for leaders. If you envision your child rising against all odds and want to consider a culturally significant middle name, use this choice for boys and girls.
- Xio Xio is a boy's name that comes from the Spanish culture and means “ready for battle,” though it is actually a shortened form of the baby name Xiomara. The meaning of this middle name choice is a good choice if you want your son to feel powerful.
- Xola Xola has African origins and has a meaning of “stay in peace,” but this option is primarily used for females. If you want your daughter to live a blessed life, consider this middle name option, plus it can give honor if your family comes from Africa.
- Xing Xing is a common baby name that is used among families that are Chinese meaning “successful” or “thriving,” and it is actually very popular throughout the country. If you want your daughter or son to pay homage to your heritage with a middle name, consider Xing.
- Xandy Xandy is a gender-neutral middle name option that means “defender of the people” in Greek as it comes from the classic names Alexandras and Alexander. It is a cuter spin on these names that is a powerful middle name that is still attractive to others.
- Xabat Xabat has a meaning of “Savior” in Latin-American and Spanish cultures, and it is very popular among religious families. Your family can utilize this unisex baby name for boys and girls if you come from the Protestant or Catholic faith especially.
- Xalbador Xalbador is a more unique middle name option that actually means “Savior” in the Spanish language. If you and your partner want to honor your God with a middle name for your son, Xalbador could be the perfect fit.
- Xannon Xannon can be used for boys and girls and has a meaning of “the ancient God” in American culture. It an alternative to the name Shannon, and can be beneficial to devour followers of any religion as a unisex middle name.
- Xiphus Xiphus means “swordsman” in the Greek culture and comes from the name of the sword that is actually “xiphos” which is a double-edged weapon. When considering the etymology of this name, it is a powerful option for your son who may rise up like a warrior.
- Xindel Xindel is a Hebrew baby name with a masculine feel that means “protector of humankind” in the original language. It is a powerful middle name choice if you envision your son being a fearless leader for his family or community.
- Xamire Xamire is a unisex baby name that means “songbird” in the Hebrew language and comes from the traditional name Zamir. If you have a family deeply rooted in the Christian faith or are a musical family, this is a great middle name option for both boys and girls.
- Xorn Xorn only has a meaning of “fictional name” as it is a modern name created in America and based on the X-Men comics. If you and your family enjoy the fictional characters from these comics, it may be the perfect middle name for your son.
Boy Middle Names that Start with X
- XanderXander, meaning “defender of men” is a modern version of the strong baby name from Greek history, Alexander. It is a great middle name option if you still want a powerful name with a modern edge.
- XavierXavier means “bright,” “splendid,” or “new house.” It is actually a top 100 baby name that is perfect if you want a joyous middle name that is very popular.
- Xavion Xavion, with a meaning of “fighter” receives its meaning from the name Savion. It is a strong and powerful name that is a great middle name choice if you expect your boy to be a leader.
- XerxesXerses, meaning “monarch” in Persian, is known as one of the kings from Biblical times. If you are looking for a religious name that still feels powerful and unique, Xerses may be the best middle name choice for you.
- Xan Xan, meaning “defending men” in Greek, is also an alternative to the baby boy name Alexander. Again, parents who want a modern twist on a classical name have a great choice by using this middle name.
- Xever Xever is a Spanish name that means “bright,” “splendid,” or “new house” like Xavier. For parents who want a more unique but still happy version of Xavier, they should choose this middle name.
- Ximenes Ximenes, which in Spanish and Hebrew means “to listen” is a good middle name choice if you envision your child being caring and kind. It is a more modern version of the baby name Jimenes that is very popular in Latin culture.
- Xanthos Xanthos means “golden-haired” in Greek, and is the perfect middle name choice if you are particularly fond of your child's luscious locks. It has a certain tropical flair to it too that makes it fun for your child.
- Xackery Xackery has a meaning of “Yahweh has remembered” and is a modern version of Zachary or Zachariah. If faith is important to a family, but they still want a trendy option, Xackery could be a wonderful middle name option.
- Xenos Xenos means “hospitality” in the Greek culture, though some say it means “stranger” or “newcomer.” If you imagine your child to be one that will always consider others and will love others, consider using this classical middle name option.
- XaidenXaiden is a variant of the Irish name Aidan, giving it the meaning of “little fire.” If you envision your child being one that is full of life, energy, and plenty of personality, choose Xaiden as a middle name.
- Xavi Xavi began as a nickname of Xavier and became a first name in Basque culture that means “the new house.” Xavi has a certain cute feel that is a great middle name for longer first names like Nathaniel or Jeremiah.
- Xaviell Xaviell has a meaning of “bright” in Spanish or Arabic cultures, giving it a certain lightness and happiness. For a middle name, Xaviell would go well with shorter first names like David, Luke, Samuel, Jadon, or Tyler to name a few.
- Xayne Xayne may come from the baby name Zayne which means “God is gracious” as they are both alternative options to John. If your family is religious, Xayne could provide an exotic middle name that still honors God.
- Xi Xi means “happy” in the Chinese name and is truly a lighthearted middle name option for your child. If you want to call your son by his first and middle name, it could be a great option. Examples of this could include a name like John Xi, Tommy Xi, or Ray Xi.
Girl Middle Names that Start with X
- XenaXena is most known for a popular television character, but it actually means “guest” or “stranger” in Greek. With the popular culture reference, however, Xena has a power and a strength behind it, making it a great middle name option for a daughter who you envision leading a well-intentioned life.
- Xiomara Xiomara is also a popular name in pop culture as it is the name of a character on “Jane the Virgin.” This name also means “guest” or “stranger” in Greek, but it can give your daughter a more exotic middle name.
- XimenaXimena, meaning “one who hears” in Spanish, comes from the Hebrew baby name that is Simeon with the same meaning. In history, Ximene was a popular leader in Mexico, giving your daughter a powerful middle name choice that will showcase the leadership skills she has .
- Xylina Xylina means “woodland” or “wood-dweller” in the Greek language. It is a great middle name option if you are parents who enjoy the outdoors or who appreciate the nature that surrounds you.
- XandraXandra comes from the baby name Alexandra and means “mans defender” in the Greek language, which is the same as the latter option. If you envision your daughter with a fighting spirit and want a twist on the classical Alexandra, consider Xandra as a middle name.
- Xantha Xantha has a meaning of “yellow” or “blonde” in the Greek language. Despite the physical meaning of the name, it is a middle name choice simple enough to compliment longer names like Josephine or Elizabeth.
- Xavienna Xavienna means “bright” or “splendid” in the Arabic language, and it feels like an international name. This exotic feeling makes it a great middle name option for a daughter that you imagine being full of personality.
- Xylona Xylona has a meaning of “woodland” or “wood-dweller” as it is actually an alternative spelling of the name Xylina. Xylona feels a bit more serious, making it a great choice for a feminine middle name for other serious names like Genevieve or Annabella.
- Xeni Xeni means “protector of plants” or “protector of flowers” in the very specific country of Guatemala. If your family has deep cultural ties to this Latin American country, this could be the perfect middle name choice, though it is also a great option for those families who love gardening.
- Xinia Xinia, which means “hospitable” in Spanish sounds like the name of the flower Zinnia. It is a beautiful middle name that has a cute feel and is perfect if you want your child to love whoever comes through her doors with a caring spirit.
- Xochitl Xochitl is actually a place name in Latin America that was created by the Aztec people and means “flower.” It is truly a beautiful name that can give your daughter a floral feel as a middle name, though it is a great option for representing your Aztec heritage too.
- Xuxa Xuxa translates to “lily” in the Latin language, giving another floral name option for a middle name for your daughter. This is a great option if you want something that sounds exotic and cute but that still has a feminine meaning that will represent what you envision your daughter to be.
- Xyla Xyla means “wood-dweller” in the Greek language and is the shortened form of Xylona or Xylina, giving it a bit more of a feminine factor. It can go well as a middle name with more extravagant first names like Adelita, Catalina, or Carolina to name just a few.
- Xavia Xavia comes from the Arabic culture and has a meaning of “bright” or “splendid,” allowing it to have a certain joy. When considering the middle name option Xavia, consider the emotion it represents, especially if you envision your daughter living a life that is full of joyous moments.
- Xylia Xylia, meaning “woodland” or “wood-dweller” is another shortened form of the names Xylina and Xylona. Again, it is a great name option if you want a cuter and more feminine middle name for your daughter that still appreciates the outdoors and the natural world that your family loves, especially when considering the meaning.
The image featured at the top of this post is ©fredyngahu/Shutterstock.com.