Ximena is a Spanish baby girl’s name that means “daughter”. Ximena has only recently become popular, appearing in the top 1000 names since 2001. Ximena is at #129 as of 2020.
Meaning of the name Ximena:
Origin of the name Ximena:
Ximena is a Spanish girl’s name that means “daughter”. Ximena is the feminine version of the Medieval Spanish and Basque name Ximeno and may derive from the name Simon or the Basque term “seme” meaning “son”.
Symbolism of the name Ximena:
Ximena is a type of Gerbera daisy. Gerbera daisies are large vibrant blooms of a variety of colors. They stand for purity, innocence, and beauty.
Style of the name Ximena:
Gender of the name Ximena:
Ximena is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Ximena:
Number of syllables in the name Ximena:
Emotion evoked from the name Ximena:
Ximena evokes feelings of compassion and joy.
Alternative spellings for the name Ximena:
Jimena, Kimena, Ximina, Chimena
Nicknames for the name Ximena:
Popularity of the name Ximena:
According to the Social Security Administration, Ximena is a girl’s name that first entered the top 1000 names in 2001. Ximena rose in popularity quickly and is #129 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Ximena:
Great middle names for the name Ximena and their meanings:
- Maritza (drop of the sea, bitter, or beloved)
- Raquel (ewe)
- Angel (angel, messenger)
- Estella (star)
- Isla (island)
- Ivy (the plant, pledged to God)
- Luna (moon)
- Freya (noble woman)
- Astra (of the stars)
- Nora (light, illuminated)
- Ceres (relating to spring)
Famous people with the name Ximena:
- Ximena Sarinana (Mexican singer-songwriter)
- Ximena Duque (Colombian actress and model)
- Ximena Bensusan (Canadian actress)
- Ximena Restrepo (Colombian Olympic sprinter)
- Ximena Armas (Chilean painter)
Ximenas in popular culture:
- Ximena Sinfuego (television, “The Fosters”)
- Ximena Chin (literature, “Wonder” by R.J. Palacio)
- Ximena (video games, “Ride or Die”)
- Ximena (comics, Transformers)
- Ximena Romo (film, “Tell Me When”)