Moist Glazed Ham
1 large whole ham
1 pound light brown sugar
1 12 ounce can regular cola
1/3 cup burgundy wine
1/3 cup pineapple juice
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Remove the rind from a large whole ham and score the fat in the traditional diamond pattern.
3. Stud it heavily with whole cloves and place it in a large roaster.
4. Pack one whole pound of brown sugar on to the top of the ham just as thick and as high as you can pack it. Don’t worry about the part that falls off it will be left in the pan to melt into the glaze
5. Place pan in preheated oven for thirty to forty minutes until the brown sugar begins to melt.
6. Pour one can of cola (non-diet) over the ham very gradually trying not to wash off the melting sugar.
7. Reduce the oven temp to 325 degrees.
8. For the remaining basting you will use a mixture of half burgundy wine and half pineapple juice, basting every 30 minutes for 4 hours. Be sure to dip up the pan juices and spoon them back up over the top too. The idea is to keep the meat super moist for the whole time it is cooking. You may “tent it” with foil the first 3 and a half hours.