Pecans aren't just for pie! Pecans can be used in dinner recipes, too, like this pecan chicken recipe. This recipe takes many fall delights, like apples and sweet potatoes, and wraps them into one fantastic recipe. It might sound like an odd combination, but we promise you're going to love it.
The wide variety of ingredients in this recipe means you'll be getting your fill of all kinds of nutrients. Eating a balanced diet can be tough, so finding recipes that pack a lot of nutritional power is always a nice thing. Plus, this recipe tastes good! Every parent has been in a situation before where their kids don't want to eat healthy because it's boring. Not with this recipe!
So, the next time you have some extra pecans on hand, give this awesome dinner recipe a try. Make sure you bookmark it so you can come back to it at any time, whenever you need a unique dinner idea. This can also be a great dish to bring to a potluck; it will certainly turn heads!
Make sure to take a look at all of the other fantastic dinner recipes we have on our site. We've got tons of options, for dinner, dessert, breakfast, and other meals of the day! With Moms Who Think, you'll always have plenty of recipes on hand.
Pecan Chicken with Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apples
29 ounce can sweet potatoes
21 ounce can apple pie filling
16 ounce can whole berry cranberry sauce
1. Carefully fold ingredients together, spread into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F until potatoes are heated, about 30 minutes. While potatoes are baking, prepare Pecan Chicken.
3. Halfway through baking time of potatoes, place prepared Pecan Chicken in oven.
Pecan Chicken Recipe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons honey
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons ground pecans
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy duty plastic wrap, flatten to ¼ inch thickness using a rolling pin. Set aside.
2. Mix honey and mustard together, spread over chicken.
3. Coat chicken with pecans then arrange in a lightly greased 13×9 baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 to 18 minutes. Makes 4 servings.