Last Updated on
Summer Sunshine Beets
4 large fresh beets
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
2 Tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt to taste
1. Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to boiling. Add the beets, lower temperature and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Drain, then cool under running cold water. Remove the skins and cut each beet into 1/4-inch thick slices.
3. Stir the orange juice and the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat, until well combined.
4. Stir in the cinnamon and salt.
5. Toss the beet slices in the orange-cinnamon sauce, and heat through. Serve hot.