The most populous city in the United States is New York City. It is more than twice as populous as Los Angeles. New York City is located in one of the largest natural harbors in the world. It is well known for its amazing nightlife, towering skyscrapers, appetizing cuisines, and classy, sumptuous hotels. However, the most expensive hotels in New York City are outrageous and can cost you quite a penny. In this article, we will explore the most expensive hotels and the best destinations to visit to make your trip to New York City memorable.
The Plaza Hotel
768 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10019, United States
The Plaza Hotel located in Midtown Manhattan is a 21-story, French Renaissance-inspired historic opulence hotel and condo building. It was designed by architect Henry Janway Hardenbergh. The construction of this beautiful building began in 1905 and first opened in July 1907.
Further, it consists of 282 dog-friendly hotel rooms and 181 condominiums. You can expect golden headboards and chandeliers from the Beaux-Arts, as well as gorgeous 24-carat gold-plated bathroom fixtures. The penthouse is a popular celebrity venue with a private terrace that overlooks Central Park.
The Plaza Hotel is the perfect place to create memories while having afternoon tea at the Palm Court. Furthermore, you can go for a pamper session and relax in the spa, then attend a wedding in the Grand Ballroom.
Think Specials at the Plaza Hotel Are Too Good To Be True? We Have News for You
Are you thinking of spending the Christmas holiday season in New York City? If so, you might want to consider the Plaza Hotels' “Suitest Season of All” offer. Check into the most festive suite, featuring a 7-ft tall Balsam Hill tree beautifully arranged with a decorative bow and lights. The magical atmosphere will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit. The Plaza is the perfect place to make a memorable family Christmas. This offer also includes a Chef-inspired holiday-themed welcome service.
Perfect Plaza Picnic
Summer is the perfect time to have a picnic. At the Plaza Hotel, you can enjoy roaming through the blooming green fields to Gapstow Bridge. Upon your arrival, you will find a lavish picnic styled in Plaza fashion, with blankets and pillows already set up for you. Perfectly paired with decadent treats such as quality cured meats, a cheese platter, fresh fruits, and more flowing from a classic wicker basket and created by a world-class kitchen. This wonderful afternoon shows off the timeless elegance of New York and the romance of the Plaza Hotel.
The Elevated Plaza Hamptons Picnic
Next, you can experience a two-hour picnic on a private helicopter ride from Manhattan to The Hamptons. You will be able to enjoy a glass of complimentary champagne whilst dipping your toes in the beachfront sand. Furthermore, your picnic includes locally sourced seafood such as caviar blinis, shrimp cocktails, littleneck clams, and Peconic oysters. For your finale, you can enjoy truffle butter with lemon wedges and a private tour of some of Manhattan’s most popular attractions. The starting rate for this exciting trip is $19,185.00.
The Langham, New York, Fifth Avenue
400 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, United States
The Langham, New York, Fith Avenue, was designed by architects Gwathmey Siegel & Associates. It is located between the Empire State Building and Bryant Park in Midtown Manhattan. When 400 Fifth Avenue was constructed, the 11th floor was built in an Art Deco style with limestone, and floors five–27 consisted of 234 hotel rooms. This luxury hotel and skyscraper offers you a state-of-the-art celebrity experience.
Guests can enjoy spacious rooms that include WIFI, bottled water, an espresso maker marble bathrooms, and a sitting area. There are also rooms equipped with a full kitchen with Miele appliances.
Furthermore, guests can dine at the award-winning Altamarea Group for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Ai Fiori, serves modern Italian cuisine. At Bar Fiori, you can sit back and enjoy drinks, cocktails, and small plates of snacks. You can also join their supper club rewards program and enjoy benefits from Langham properties worldwide.
The Langham Wellness And Fitness Centre
Whilst on holiday, you can improve your mental and physical health in their renowned wellness center. Work up a sweat in the spacious gym equipped with bikes, free weights, fitness balls, kettlebells, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines, open 24 hours per day. Or try out the virtual fitness classes during your own time.
Everyone loves gifts, and gifts at the Langham are a great way to show your love.
- A monetary gift certificate starting at $100 is valid for 12 months.
- Purchase a limited edition Paddington Bear plush for $60.
- Breakfast in bed from $195.
- A romantic gesture is celebrated with champagne, rose petals, and housemade chocolate for $550.
- A champagne cart with roses and sweet treats from $585.
- Empire State experience for two including in-room breakfast, VIP access to the Empire State Building’s Observation Desk, and one-night accommodation in a Deluxe Room for $795.
- A gourmet getaway for $855 includes a Seven-course Chef's Tasting and one night in the deluxe room.
- A family getaway for $915 includes one night in the family double room, a family movie, popcorn, treats, in-room breakfast, and a teepee for the kids.
The Langham has so much to offer to make your stay memorable.
Top 10 Things To Do in New York City
- Helicopter Tour: Manhattan Highlights
- Manhattan Architecture Yacht Cruise
- Bateaux New York Premier Dinner Cruise
- The Lion King on Broadway
- SUMMIT One Vanderbilt Experience Ticket
- Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island Tour: All Options
- NYC Food Tour: Chinatown and Little Italy
- Official NYC Horse Carriage Rides in Central Park since1979
- Boston Freedom Trail Day Trip from New York City
- Niagara Falls One-Day Tour from New York City
Whether you are a resident or a visitor, there is always something new and exciting to discover in the city that never sleeps. Furthermore, the most expensive hotels in New York City are outrageous, but it is certainly one of the finest destinations to go to experience luxurious hotels and receive full celebrity treatment.
- The most expensive hotels in Massachusetts are outrageous
- The most expensive hotels In Pennsylvania are outrageous
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Elzbieta Sekowska/Shutterstock.com.