1- 3 to 3½ pounds boneless beef sirloin roast, cut 1¾-inches thick
¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
2 cups lightly packed fresh basil leaves, snipped
8 cloves garlic, minced (2 Tablespoons)
2 teaspoons olive oil
1. Make five or six 5-inch long slits along the top of the roast, cutting almost through it.
2. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. In a medium bowl combine basil and garlic.
4. Stuff mixture into the slits in meat.
5. Tie meat with heavy-duty string to hold slits closed.
6. Drizzle with oil.
7. Place meat on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
8. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer.
9. Roast, uncovered, in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
10. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; roast for 35 to 40 minutes more or until desired doneness (160°F for medium).
11. Let meat stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.