1 can evaporated milk
5 slices bread
¾ cup chopped onion
1½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 pounds lean ground beef
⅓ cup ketchup, optional
3 strips bacon, optional
1. In large bowl, pour milk over bread (let stand until milk is absorbed).
2. Add onion, salt, and pepper.
3. Stir with fork until bread softens and is light and fluffy.
4. Mix in ground beef.
5. Shape meat mixture into a loaf.
6. Place in a lightly greased baking loaf pan.
7. Spread top with ketchup (optional).
8. Lay strips of bacon the length of the loaf (optional).
9. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.