1 pound fresh ripe or frozen strawberries (if using fresh, save 1/4 lb. unsliced for topping)
3/4 cup orange juice
4 cups French bread cubes
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup half and half
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Soak strawberries in orange juice.
2. Place bread cubes in a bowl. Pour melted butter over all, toss to coat.
3. Whisk half and half into beaten eggs.
4. In a mixer on medium speed; combine sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Blend well. Add the egg/milk mixture and mix well.
5. Add strawberry/orange juice mixture, mixing until fully combined.
5. Pour mixture over buttered bread cubes; cover and refrigerate for one hour or overnight.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes covered, and at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes uncovered. Top with fresh sliced strawberries.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.