Chocolate chip cake is a simple yet classic favorite. With the taste of a cookie in a dense cake, you get the best of both worlds. This is a perfect cake for pairing with coffee and some recharging time for yourself.
2 1/2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter, sugar and eggs (add the eggs in one at a time, beating after each addition).
4. Add sour cream and vanilla to the creamed mixture, mix well.
5. Slowly add flour mixture to the creamed mixture, mix thoroughly.
6. In another bowl mix the chopped nuts, chocolate chips, brown sugar and cinnamon.
7. Grease a tube pan (angel food cake pan).
8. Pour 1/2 the batter in the pan then sprinkle on 1/2 the chocolate chip mixture.
9. Add the remainder of the batter, then sprinkle the remainder of the chocolate chip nut mix on top.
10. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F (check at 45 minutes as oven temperatures vary).