These are three family favorite New York Cheesecake recipes. Each cheesecake recipe is amazingly delicious, and each version's contributor swears by their recipe. They are all mouth watering, decadently rich cheesecakes. You can't go wrong with any of these!
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
3 1/4 packages (8 oz. packages) cream cheese, softened
1 can 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; press evenly on bottom of 9 inch pie pan.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well. Pour into prepared pie pan.
4. Bake for 1 hour, turn off oven but leave cheesecake in oven with door propped slightly open for an additonal hour.
5. Refrigerate at least 6 hours until firm.
This New York Cheesecake Recipe is from Aunt Sophia. She uses ricotta cheese in her recipe, which adds an extra bit of richness to the cheesecake.
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 lbs. ricotta cheese
2 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 large can evaporated milk
1. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and the melted butter together. Press mixture into the bottom of springform pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl add the eggs to the ricotta cheese, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each egg is added.
3. Mix flour and sugar together and add to cheese mixture. Fold in vanilla and evaporated milk.
4. Pour into prepared springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 60 minutes, until firm. Chill overnight.
Grandma Celia swears by this New York Cheesecake recipe, it was handed down to her by her mother. It is one of the richest cheesecake recipes ever, it is an amazing cheesecake that everyone always has room for no matter how much they've eaten! It does not have a crust, in order to highlight the flavor of the cheesecake only.
2 cups sour cream
1 lb. ricotta cheese
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cup sugar
16 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbsp. flour
3 extra large eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1. Combine sour cream and ricotta cheese in a large mixing bowl. Beating at low speed, add butter, sugar and cream cheese.
2. Increase speed to medium and add flour, eggs, vanilla, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Beat for 5 minutes.
3. Pour into springform pan.
4. Bake in preheated 350F oven for 1 hour, then turn off oven and leave in closed oven for one hour longer. Cool on rack.