For a delicious chocolate cookie, this recipe can't be beat. Drop cookies are among the easiest to make, this recipe is no exception.
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients:
2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoons hot water
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla, buttermilk, egg and chocolate in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
2. Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and nuts.
3. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Frost with Chocolate Frosting.
Chocolate Frosting Directions:
1. Melt butter and chocolate in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove from heat.
2. Stir in hot water and powdered sugar until smooth. If frosting is too thick, add more water, if it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!