Apple Orchard Pork Loin Chops
4 pork loin chops (1½ pounds), well trimmed
3 medium granny smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
2 teaspoons butter, cubed
2 cups apple butter
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1. In skillet, brown pork chops quickly; drain well.
2. Arrange a layer of sliced apples in crockpot, then place two pork chops on top and repeat. Dot with butter.
3. In a small bowl, mix apple butter with water. Spread apple butter over the top of the pork chops.
4. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg evenly over pork chop mixture.
5. Cover and cook on low setting 6 to 8 hours.
6. Serve with apple mixture evenly spooned over the top of each pork chop.