1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
8 slices bacon, quartered
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
1. Wash beans. Trim ends and remove strings.
2. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices; set aside. Fry bacon until crisp, then remove from pan and set aside.
3. Saute onion in same pan until tender. Add water to pan.
4. Bring to a boil; add cooked bacon, beans, salt, and pepper and return to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Drain and serve.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.