1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
8 slices bacon, quartered
1 small onion, chopped
5 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups cubed red potatoes
1. Wash beans. Trim ends and remove strings.
2. Cut into 1 1/2-inch slices; set aside. Fry bacon until crisp, then remove from pan and set aside.
3. Saute onion in same pan until tender. Add water to pan.
4. Bring to a boil; add cooked bacon, beans, salt, and pepper and return to a boil. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
5. Add potatoes and cook 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Drain and serve.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!