Easy Apple Pie Recipe
Apple pie is everyone's favorite dessert! This is an easy apple pie recipe that won't have you slaving in the kitchen for hours, yet tastes like you did.
Remember when using apples for pie, you want flavor but you also don't want mushiness so you need to take texture into consideration. The best apples for pies are Jonathan, Winesap, Jonagold, and Pippin.
Old Fashioned Apple Pie Recipe
2 9-inch pie crusts (one for the top crust, one for the bottom crust)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
2 tablespoons butter
6 cups thinly sliced and cored apple
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Mix sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, flour, and salt. Stir in the apples.
3. Place into pie crust, dot with butter. Cover with top crust, and slit evenly to let steam escape. Seal the top crust to the bottom by pinching the edges together.
3. Cover edge of the crust with a three inch strip of aluminum foil.
4. Bake 40-50 minutes, until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through top.
Easy RecipesMain Page