Turn pumpkin into a creamy, sweet treat by making this pumpkin fudge recipe. Great to give away or keep for when you need a special indulgence for yourself.
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
2/3 cup (5 oz. can) evaporated milk
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 cups (12 ounce package) white chocolate chips
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Line a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil.
2. In a heavy medium saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, pumpkin, butter and pumpkin pie spice.3. Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
4. Boil, stirring constantly, for 10 to 12 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 234° to 240º F (soft-ball stage).
5. Stir in white chocolate chips, marshmallow crème, nuts and vanilla extract and stir vigoriously for 1 minute until chips are melted.
6. Immediately pour into prepared pan. Let stand on wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cooled. Refrigerate tightly covered. .
7. To cut, lift foil from pan. Remove foil and cut fudge into 1-inch pieces.