Italian Pork Chops
6 bone in pork loin chops (6 ounces each and ¾ inch thick)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
½ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can (14 ½ ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
1½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 large green pepper, julienned
1. In a large nonstick frying pan, brown pork chops in batches on both sides in oil; remove from frying pan.
2. Add the onion, mushrooms and garlic; sauté for 5 minutes or until tender.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
4. Return pork chops to frying pan; add green pepper evenly throughout the pan.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
Makes 6 servings
One serving (1 pork chop with ½ cup vegetables) equals:
237 calories, 9 grams fat (3 grams saturated fat)
75 mg cholesterol
573 mg sodium
10 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
29 grams protein