2 medium sweet potatoes
2 slices turkey bacon
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bag baby spinach (about 9 ounces)
2 scallions, thinly sliced
4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and onto an oven rack. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a deep sauté pan cook the turkey bacon until crisp and transfer to paper towels to drain. When cooled, chop the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
4. Add the olive oil to sauté pan and cook the onion for 2 to 3 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Add the entire bag of spinach and the scallions, cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
5. When the sweet potatoes are cooked, let them cool for 5 minutes. Carefully slice each one in half and scoop the inside of potato into a bowl. Add cream cheese, buttermilk, salt, and pepper and mash together until smooth. Fold in spinach mixture.
6. Using a pastry brush, coat the outside of each potato skin with the vegetable oil. Fill each of the shells with the filling and top with a sprinkle of the Parmesan. Transfer each skin back to the baking sheet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the skins are crispy. Top with bits of turkey bacon and serve.
Total Fat 17g
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!