Breaded Pork Chops with Cream Gravy
8 center cut pork chops, 1/2 inch thick each
salt and pepper
1 large egg
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 cups fresh bread crumbs
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Cream Gravy (recipe below)
1. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet.
3. Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow bowl.
4. Place flour in another shallow bowl.
4. Mix breadcrumbs and thyme in a third separate shallow pan.
5. Dip each pork chop in the flour, shake off the excess, then dip into the egg mixture and roll in the bread crumbs. Pat to make the bread crumbs stick.
4. Place chops in the skillet over medium heat and fry for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and serve hot with cream gravy.
6 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1. Drain oil from skillet that pork chops were cooked in. Do not wash or dry pan.
2. Add 6 Tablespoons flour into pan (use any leftover flour) and blend well.
3. Gradually stir in salt, pepper, and 2 1/2 cups of milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
4. Cover pork chops with gravy when served.