1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup seeded and chopped green bell pepper
1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup long grain white rice
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and bell pepper; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes longer.
4. Stir in the rice, turmeric, and cumin; cook and 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated (about 15 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Makes 4 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.