1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup seeded and chopped green bell pepper
1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup long grain white rice
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the garlic, onion, and bell pepper; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add the chicken and cook 2 minutes longer.
4. Stir in the rice, turmeric, and cumin; cook and 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
6. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until broth has evaporated (about 15 minutes).
7. Remove from heat and stir in the parsley. Makes 4 servings.