1 whole 12-15 pound fresh turkey
salt and pepper to taste
3-4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup maple syrup
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Rinse turkey inside and out thoroughly.
2. Season cavity and the outside with salt and pepper.
3. Place onion in cavity, close with skewer and tie legs together.
4. Place turkey breast-side up on rack in a large roasting pan. Brush half melted butter over turkey.
5. Pour ½ cup stock into pan.
6. Roast turkey for 15 minutes per pound or until meat thermometer registers 180°F in the leg and 170°F in the breast (about 3 hours).
7. Baste turkey with pan juices and add ½ cup stock to pan every 45 minutes.
8. Combine remaining butter with syrup and brush over turkey the last half hour of cooking.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.