½ cup butter
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans cola-flavoured carbonated beverage
1 apple (quartered)
1 onion (chopped)
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon salt, 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
1. Preheat an outdoor smoker to 225 to 250°F (110 to 120°C).
2. Remove all innards from the turkey and reserve for gravy, if desired.
3. Rinse turkey under cold water and pat dry.
4. Place butter or margarine, cola, apple, onion, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper into the cavity of the turkey.
5. Rub the crushed garlic over the outside of the bird and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
6. Place the turkey in a 10x15 roasting pan and cover loosely with foil.
7. Smoke at 225 to 250°F (110 to 120°C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature equals 180°F (80°C).
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!