½ cup butter
2 (12 fluid ounce) cans cola-flavoured carbonated beverage
1 apple (quartered)
1 onion (chopped)
1 Tablespoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon salt, 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
4 cloves crushed garlic
1 Tablespoon seasoned salt
1. Preheat an outdoor smoker to 225 to 250°F (110 to 120°C).
2. Remove all innards from the turkey and reserve for gravy, if desired.
3. Rinse turkey under cold water and pat dry.
4. Place butter or margarine, cola, apple, onion, garlic powder, salt and ground black pepper into the cavity of the turkey.
5. Rub the crushed garlic over the outside of the bird and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
6. Place the turkey in a 10x15 roasting pan and cover loosely with foil.
7. Smoke at 225 to 250°F (110 to 120°C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature equals 180°F (80°C).
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.